Rolf Hicker Animal, Nature Travel Photography Sunset Pictures Christmas Pictures Golf Pictures Fall Pictures Eagle Pictures Background Pictures Whale Pictures Vacation Spots Animal Pictures New Zealand Pictures Polar Bear Pictures Alaska Pictures Dolphin Pictures

Photo: Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada

The water and the mist of the world-famous Horseshoe Falls is lit up in a variety of pinks and blues as the day draws to a close and the nightly Falls Illumination show takes place. This set of falls is located on the Canadian side of the Niagara River.

The aptly named Horseshoe Falls at Niagara Falls draws thousands of visitors a year to come and marvel at the magnificent natural wonder that is Niagara Falls. This set of falls is located between Terrapin Point on Goat Island in New York and Table Rock in Ontario, Canada.

The falls itself is 671 metres wide and curves to hug the surrounding rock. The water falls at a rate of about 32 km per hour, and plunges about 53 metres to the pool below. This is considered to be the biggest and brightest star of the Niagara Falls attraction, as 90% of the water along the Niagara River falls over these falls and the other 10% flows over the American Falls.

A popular excursion is the Maid of the Mist boat ride which allows visitors a view from below the falls and feel the mist on their faces as the water crashes into a pool at the bottom. ... continue below the picture...


Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada

Photo: 
Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada
Photo of the Horseshoe Falls along the Niagara River at dusk during the nightly Falls Illumination, Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Products available for this picture

shoppingcart

Stock Photo License

I offer fair prices for my rights managed stock photos starting at $US 89.90

Request Photo License

Pictures from photo gallery "Niagara Falls Pictures"

This picture is part of the photo album "Niagara Falls Pictures" - there are more beautiful images waiting for you.


... As you can see in the photograph, there is a lot of mist generated by the amount of water that falls here, but it has actually declined in recent years as some of the water is now diverted to use as hydroelectric power.

These falls are an awesome and magnificent sight and are well worth a visit, even if you don't want to journey out in a boat. They are an example of what nature can do over time and will hopefully be an example for many years to come.

Horseshoe Falls along the Niagara River at dusk during the nightly Falls Illumination, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

Technical Information:
I photographed this photo with the digital SLR camera model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, aperture of f/6.3, exposure time of 8/1 sec. on ISO 100, as always I used a original Canon Lens, the focus lenght for this picture was 25mm.

Stock Photo
Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada
The water and the mist of the world-famous Horseshoe Falls is lit up in a variety of pinks and blues as the day draws to a close and the nightly Falls Illumination show takes place. This set of falls is located on the Canadian side of the Niagara River.
Photographer
Rolf Hicker
Stock Photo ID
cdn_22v_9872-ed.jpg - Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada
GPS
79° 4' 54.291719745223'' W
43° 5' 3.78456'' N

View on Google Maps

Comments from our visitors!


Copyright © 2015 - Animal, Nature & Travel Stock Photography / All rights reserved - Horseshoe Falls Illumination Niagara River Ontario Canada - Unauthorized use of any images or footage from this site is prohibited by international copyright laws. Privacy Policy: privacy policies
back to top


rss feed